DMV - Walnut Creek 1910 N. Broadway Walnut Creek, CA 94596
DMV - Pleasanton 6300 W. Las Positas Blvd. Pleasanton, CA 94588
Both locations observe the same office hours and phone number which are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday, from 8 am - 5 pm Wednesday, from 9 am - 5 pm
DMV REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A CALIFORNIA DRIVER'S PERMIT
1. Students must be at least 15½ years old and have completed either the Danville Driving School Education Class or Online Program.Appropriate certificates will be issued upon successful completion of either program to give to the DMV.
2. Once a student has PASSED his or her Permit Test and has been Registered, you must NOTIFY Danville Driving School with the Student Permit Number, located on the paperwork from the DMV and is generally 7 digits long.If you call our office after business hours, please leave the following information on our voicemail:Your Name, HOME Phone Number, Permit Number and the best time to reach you.Please speak slowly and clearly to assist with quickly processing your paperwork so that we can forward it to a Driving Instructor.IMPORTANT:DRIVING LESSONS WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL YOU HAVE GIVEN US YOUR PERMIT NUMBER.Our phone number is (925) 837-8235.
3. Danville Driving School MAY schedule your VERY FIRST LESSON.All subsequent lessons will be scheduled with your assigned Driving Instructor.(If you are acquainted with a teacher here at our school, you may request this person as your Instructor.)Your Instructor will contact you directly to arrange your lessons and discuss whatever schedule will mutually accommodate both of your needs.(Most Instructors give out their phone numbers.)
4. PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT PERMITS ARE NOT LEGALLY VALID UNTIL THE STUDENT HAS BEEN OUT WITH A LICENSED INSTRUCTOR FOR THEIR FIRST LESSON – 1 HOUR.The Instructor will SIGN the Student Permit as a STATE LEGAL REQUIREMENT.
5. It is strongly suggested that you make several copies of the Student Permit once it has been officially signed and place them in any vehicle intended for student practice.The student should also keep a copy in his or her wallet.
DMV REQUIREMENTS TO TAKE A WRITTEN CALIFORNIA PERMIT TEST
1. Certified Birth Certificate or Current Passport
2. Social Security Card - (DANVILLE DRIVING SCHOOL recommends you take your number with you if you do not have your card)
3. Certificate of Completion of Driver Education
4. Form DL 44: (Driver License or Identification Card Application) – Please be advised that THIS FORM REQUIRES BOTH A MOTHER'S AND FATHER'S SIGNATURE. If both parents or guardians have JOINT CUSTODY, BOTH MUST SIGN. If only ONE person has Custody, that person must write: "I HAVE SOLE CUSTODY" and sign.
DMV REQUIREMENTS FOR A CALIFORNIA STATE DRIVER'S LICENSE
1. Certificate of Completion of Behind-The-Wheel Training (Your DANVILLE DRIVING SCHOOL GOLD CERTIFICATE) – substantiating the State Minimum of 6 hours of Driving School Instruction.
2. A Parent’s Signature on the Student Permit substantiating they have completed 50 hours of practice time with the student. (Note: 10 hours must be driven at night.)
3. The Original Driver’s Permit
4. Proof of Automobile Insurance for Your Vehicle
IMPORTANT NOTICE: DANVILLE DRIVING SCHOOL - DMV RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENTS
Effective July 1, 2016, all original applicants must provide two (2) different forms of acceptable residency documents when applying for an original California Driver License or Identification Card. The address on the residency document must match the residence address on the Driver License or Identification Card Application (DL 44) form. Residency documents marked with an asterisk (*) do not need to display the California address.
Rental / lease agreement with signatures of the owner / landlord and the tenant / resident.
Deed / title to residential real property.
Home utility bill (including cellular phones).
School document as defined in California Code of Regulations 16.06 (a) (1).
Faith-based document with name / address of issuing organization.
Insurance document including medical, dental, vision, life, home, rental and vehicle.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) return.
California Title or Registration for a vehicle or vessel.
Change of address confirmation by the U.S. Postal Service (Form CNL 107).
Document issued by a government within the U.S. or a U.S. government institution as defined in California Code of Regulations 16.02 (b).
Property tax bill or statement.
Record of a financial institution as defined in California Code of Regulations 16.10 (c) (16).
Court document that lists the applicant as a resident of California.
Letter on letterhead from a homeless shelter, shelter for abused women, non-profit entity, employer, faith-based organization, or government within the U.S. attesting that the applicant is a resident of California.
* A parent, legal guardian, or child may use a birth certificate, a spouse or domestic partner may use a marriage license, domestic partner registration certificate to trace his / her relationship to the individual to whom the acceptable residency document (s) were addressed.
The three (3) following documents do not apply to AB 60 applicants:
Voter registration confirmation letter or postcard issued by California Secretary of State or a local California county elections officer.
Proof of payment of resident tuition to a California public institution of higher education.
Original copy of an approved Claim for Homeowners’ Property Tax Exemption (BOE-266) form filed with a local California County Assessor.
For AB 60 applicants only, you must provide one (1) residency document and a California DL/ID card is an acceptable residency document.